In general, the documentation you will need includes:
- Photo ID and proof of Social Security number (e.g. your SSN Card).
- Residential addresses for the past two years.
- If applicable, a copy of your divorce decree.
- If you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your green card.
In addition, you will need documents from the following areas:
Income & Assets:
- Pay stubs for the last 30 days
- Names and addresses of each employer for the past two years
- W-2s for the past two years
- Statements for each bank, mutual fund, and/or investment account for the last three months
- Estimated value of personal property and furniture.
If you have made any large deposits to your accounts:
- Explanation and source for deposit.
If large deposit was a gift:
- Signed gift letter (lender can supply)
- Copy of gift check
- Copy of deposit receipt
If you own more than 25% of a business:
- Corporate or partnership tax returns
- Tax returns for the last three years (with schedules)
- Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement prepared by an accountant
If you own rental property:
- Tax returns for the last two years and current rental agreements
If you are retired:
- Pension Award Letter
If you receive Social Security:
- Social Security Award Letter
If you are counting child support as income:
- Copy of divorce settlement
- Copy of twelve months of cancelled child support checks
- Names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments on all current loans
- Explanation of credit report anomalies, including late payments, credit inquiries in the last 90 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments, and/or liens
- If you filed for bankruptcy within the last seven years bring a copy of your bankruptcy papers
Property Information (if you already have a contract on a house)
- Purchase Agreement
- Copy of legal description and MLS sheet
- If you are selling your current home, copy of listing contract
- If you have sold your current home, copy of settlement statement (HUD-1)
For VA Loans:
Copy of DD Form 214, Report of Separation.