Get Ready Checklist For Your Loan

Get Ready Checklist For Your Loan2018-02-17T07:03:47-05:00

In general, the documentation you will need includes:

  • Photo ID and proof of Social Security number (e.g. your SSN Card).
  • Residential addresses for the past two years.
  • If applicable, a copy of your divorce decree.
  • If you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your green card.

In addition, you will need documents from the following areas:

Income & Assets:

  • Pay stubs for the last 30 days
  • Names and addresses of each employer for the past two years
  • W-2s for the past two years
  • Statements for each bank, mutual fund, and/or investment account for the last three months
  • Estimated value of personal property and furniture.

If you have made any large deposits to your accounts:

  • Explanation and source for deposit.

If large deposit was a gift:

  • Signed gift letter (lender can supply)
  • Copy of gift check
  • Copy of deposit receipt

If you own more than 25% of a business:

  • Corporate or partnership tax returns

If self-employed:

  • Tax returns for the last three years (with schedules)
  • Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement prepared by an accountant

If you own rental property:

  • Tax returns for the last two years and current rental agreements

If you are retired:

  • Pension Award Letter

If you receive Social Security:

  • Social Security Award Letter

If you are counting child support as income:

  • Copy of divorce settlement
  • Copy of twelve months of cancelled child support checks


  • Names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments on all current loans
  • Explanation of credit report anomalies, including late payments, credit inquiries in the last 90 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments, and/or liens
  • If you filed for bankruptcy within the last seven years bring a copy of your bankruptcy papers

Property Information (if you already have a contract on a house)

  • Purchase Agreement
  • Copy of legal description and MLS sheet
  • If you are selling your current home, copy of listing contract
  • If you have sold your current home, copy of settlement statement (HUD-1)

For VA Loans:

Copy of DD Form 214, Report of Separation.